- Indianapolis, IN, USA
OurHealth is an exciting, fast-growing company focused on solving challenges in healthcare through patient (consumer)-focused integrated health management. OurHealth provides a unique on-site health management solution for employer groups, the central platform being a primary care clinic staffed with physicians, advanced practitioners, and other healthcare professionals to help its clients lower their healthcare costs and increase workforce health and productivity. OurHealth's offering includes an online patient/user portal with health risk assessment and digital, telephonic, and on-site coaching tools, and a clinic providing urgent and convenient care, general preventive and primary care, as well as lab and drugs services. OurHealth is passionately focused on achieving its health improvement and healthcare value objectives through an industry-leading customer experience. OurHealth was founded in early 2009, and is a privately-held company based in Indianapolis. It has operations in the Midwest, Northeast, and is actively expanding. Learn more at www.ourhealth.org.
Our mission is to transform the patient experience by providing convenient access to quality healthcare to improve the overall wellness and lower health-related costs for our clients and their employees.
Our vision is to revolutionize healthcare delivery through the creation of a patient-centric wellness approach that leads to healthier people, more affordable healthcare services, more competitive corporate partners, and more vibrant communities in the places in which we work.
- Responsible for scheduling and triaging of patient appointments and keeping a record of when we are unable to meet the patient's expectations in respect to these.
- Responsible for handling incoming telephone calls as well as responding to electronic (web-based) appointment request and obtain information sufficient to triage patient requests in a clinically-appropriate manner.
- Responsible for eliciting relevant and adequate information over the phone from a patient to determine the appropriate course of action and must exhibit strong decision-making capabilities.
- Responsible for exhibiting self-awareness and be comfortable asking for help when needed.
- Must be comfortable working with computers, web-browser technology, and EMR systems.
- Responsible for providing front office patient/customer facing support including welcoming patients to the clinic, obtaining consents, ensuring appropriate medical history has been obtained and entered prior to the visit.
- Responsible for coordinating clinical follow up/s including scheduling of appointments, labs, referrals, etc.
- Responsible for ordering medical supplies, office supplies, and medications; and for facilitating inventory of these as directed.
- Responsible for fostering a team environment with fellow support staff and providers
- Responsible for open communications to supervisors and other members of the health care team in order to foster a collaborative, team approach to patient centered care.
- Responsible to keep up to date with annual certifications in CPR and licensing as well as clinical skills as required.
- Responsible to protect HIPAA by deferring to supervisor any communications that need to occur with the employer client.
- In order to provide a patient experience that is excellent must have stellar customer service skills; specifically communication between patient and staff is open and positive, patient wait time is kept to a minimum, patient needs are the priority and demeanor is professional.
- All patient care will be provided in a way that exhibits clinical excellence, attention to stewardship and patient centricity.
- CMA with active credentials/licensure
- Minimum of two years direct patient care experience in primary focused ambulatory care clinic serving adults
- Competence in face-face and phone triage.
- English fluency and strong written and oral communication skills are required
- Experienced and competent with computers & electronic medical record systems
Skill sets should include self-confidence, strong decision-making capacity, self-awareness and knowledge of limits, attention to detail, multitasking, and follow through. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, self-motivated individual comfortable with change and interested in career growth.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES
This individual will understand and have a commitment to the philosophy, mission, values, and vision of OurHealth. The individual will be able to demonstrate these values with his/her practices. This person will possess personal and professional integrity, good communication skills and an excellent professional appearance and presentation. The individual must possess clinical and health/wellness skills, strong interpersonal skills, a good sense of humor, and a positive outlook. Other attributes include the following:
- Is respectful, honest and demonstrates integrity and ethics.
- Listens effectively, shares ideas and information openly and facilitates relationship building by establishing trust.
- Experience and supportive of a team-based and collaborative approach to healthcare delivery, including working well with physicians, nurses, health coaches, and other medical professionals.
- Is customer focused/service oriented, and has effectively affected change.
- Able to Facilitate a Team approach to patient centric care.
- Occasional lifting of 10-20 pounds.
- Sufficient vision acuity for routine computer use
- Position requires walking, sitting and standing at moderate levels.
- Position requires solid communication skills: written, verbal, listening.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media